Friday, January 14, 2011

Citizen Bullhead

SOLD - November 2011.
I bought this watch nearly two years ago and really did so just for the sake of having an example of the bullhead style in my collection.
It's been worn occasionally and sits nicely on the wrist, but I'm not carrying on a love affair with it........I don't find it an attractive design. The crown and pushers sticking out the top remind me of an insect!

The dial is immaculate but is in a rather dull brownish shade, although the overall effect is quite pleasant, with the white markers, white minute & hour hands, splashes of reddish/orange with the other hands and a bit of greenish-blue showing on the 30-second dial on the right.

The automatic movement includes a day/date complication, its positioning being somewhat unusual when compared to the vast majority.

The case is all stainless-steel, with a sort of "helmet" shape and it does sit very nicely and unobtrusively on the wrist.

I really like the (original, signed) bracelet design.......I think it's cool and very 1970s.


The case-back advises that the watch is water resistant and that it is made of stainless steel.


A very original item - it hasn't been mucked about - and runs perfectly, keeping good time.
Just a shame that I don't find it particularly attractive.

2 comments:

  1. Great Citizen watch. Very nice color and classic design. Stylish look

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Matt.
    It's nice to know that someone likes it! :)

    ReplyDelete

Feedback and comments are most welcome.